The μPD179F11x and 179F12x microcontrollers are All Flash products that can replace 4-bit remote control microcontrollers and feature a built-in internal oscillator and easy and a low-cost development environment etc.
- Operating voltage: VDD = 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Use this product in a voltage range of 1.9 to 3.6 V because the detection voltage (VPOC) of the power-on-clear (POC)
- circuit is 1.8 V±0.1 V.
- Max. frequency: 4 MHz
- ROM capacities: 4 KB to 32 KB flash memory
- RAM capacities: 512 bytes to 1 KB
- 30-pin and 38-pin plastic SSOP package
- 78K0 CPU core
- High speed (1 μs: VDD = 1.8 to 3.6 V, high-speed system clock: @ fXH = 2 or 4 MHz operation, 0.5 μs: VDD = 2.0 to 3.6 V, high-speed system clock: @ fXH = 4 MHz operation)
- General-purpose register: 8 bits x 32 registers (8 bits x 8 registers x 4 banks)
- On-chip single-power-supply flash memory
- Self-programming (with boot swap function)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip power-on-clear (POC) circuit and low-voltage detector (LVI)
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the on-chip internal low-speed oscillation clock)
- On-chip key interrupt function
- I/O ports:
- 30-pin products (μPD179F11x microcontrollers): 26 (N-ch open drain/CMOS: 24, P-ch open drain/CMOS: 1)
- 38-pin products (μPD179F12x microcontrollers): 34 (N-ch open drain: 32, P-ch open drain/CMOS: 1)
- Timer: 6 channels
- 16-bit timer/event counter: 1 channel
- 8-bit timer/event counter: 2 channels
- 8-bit timer: 2 channels
- Watchdog timer: 1 channel
- Serial interface: 1 channel
- UART: 1 channel
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 to +85°C
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Hardware Design Support
|Characteristics data||Information on observed values. Please use this as reference data when developing your set.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.