Renesas’s Smart Cluster reference solution includes full cluster functionality with additional features for dashboard market segments.
Key features include a stepper motor for RPM, segmented LCD display for speed, odometer, trip, clock, fuel level, gear, DTE, average, and a special area for displaying simple user defined logos and direction.
This innovative design adds wireless modules for communicating with smart phones. With this added feature, a traditional cluster becomes a smart cluster, enabling added functionality such as diagnostics, navigation, etc.
- Additional Bluetooth wireless modules allow communication with smart phones for functionality such as diagnostics, navigation, etc.
- Stepper motor RPM and LCD for speed and other indications like odometer, trip, RTC, fuel, etc. are available
- Onboard debugging capability
- Provision for connecting ZigBee wireless modules
- Wide range of interface support: CAN bus interface, sound generator, stepper motor, etc.
- RL78/D1A 16-bit true low power microcontroller
- 32MHz flash memory/RAM up to a maximum of 512KB/24KB
- CAN or LIN interface
- Sound generator
- Stepper motor controller/driver
- Up to 216 segment LCD controller/driver