The Smart Configurator is a utility for combining software to meet your needs. It supports the following three functions related to the embedding of Renesas drivers in your systems: importing middleware, importing driver, and generating code for making pin settings.
— Not Supported
- These user guides cover everything from installation to the setting of peripheral functions and the generation of code. Statements in each user guide are specific to the stated target integrated development environment.
- The package of the e² studio includes this plug-in.
- The Smart Configurator for the RZ/G groups only generates Device Tree Specification (DTS) include files (dtsi), which are only usable in the development environment of the Linux platform. Manually merge the device-setting code in the generated dtsi files with the default dtsi files included in your source code produced under Linux for an RZ/G device. For details of the DTS, refer to the links on https://www.devicetree.org/specifications/.
RX Family: Importing FIT Modules
Renesas offers a range of FIT (Firmware Integration Technology) modules which you can import and then modify their settings, such as pin assignments. You can also use them with code from the driver code generator.
RZ Family: Importing middleware and drivers from the RZ/A2M Software Package (Note1)
The RZ/A2M Software Package consists of a range of middleware and drivers, which you can import and then modify settings such as pin assignments as required.
- We currently support version 2.0.0 and later versions of the RZ/A2M Software Package.
Generating Driver Code (For RX and RH850 families)
The Smart Configurator provides you with a GUI environment for generating driver code that handles the details of the settings of peripheral modules.
You can make clock settings by selecting a clock source and making connections in the block diagram in the [Clocks configuration] window.
In the [Software component configuration] window, you can embed sample code (Note1) and make settings for peripheral modules. After selecting the module you wish to set up for use, you can check for errors in settings (with some types indicated on the display) or switch the channels for use by drivers of multi-channel modules.
- Embedding of sample code is currently only supported for RX family devices.
The assignments of pins can be set up through a GUI, which also checks and offers solutions for cases of contention for the same pin by multiplexed functions.
The [Pins Configuration] window (displayed per peripheral module)
Specifying a peripheral module in the [Pins Configuration] window displays the pin functions for use by the module and allows you to set the assignment of the functions to pins.
[MCU Package] window
The [MCU Package] window displays a symbolic view of the pins, indicating by colors which pins are and are not in use, which have been assigned contending multiplexed functions, and so on. This makes it easy to check the overall situation.
Automatic resolution of contention between pin functions
In cases of contention for a pin, clicking on the pin brings up a list allowing automatic changing of the assignment of the pin to resolve the contention.
|RX||RX100||RX110, RX111, RX113, RX130, RX13T|
|RX200||RX230, RX231, RX23E-A, RX23T, RX23W, RX24T, RX24U|
|RX600||RX64M, RX651, RX65N, RX66N, RX66T|
|RX700||RX71M, RX72M, RX72N, RX72T|
|RZ||RZ/A||RZ/A1H (Note1), RZ/A1L (Note1), RZ/A1LC (Note1), RZ/A1LU (Note1), RZ/A1M (Note1)|
|RZ/G (Note2)||RZ/G1C, RZ/G1E, RZ/G1H, RZ/G1M, RZ/G1N, RZ/G2E, RZ/G2H, RZ/G2M, RZ/G2N|
- Only the pin-assignment function is supported.
- Only the pin-assignment function and the pin-setting code generation (DTS) function are supported.
- The R7F701652 and R7F701653 are not supported.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
Features Supported by the Smart Configurator
|MCUs||Importing middleware||Generating driver code||Pin settings|
Supported | — Not Supported