The PG-FP6 installed in a system is a tool for erasing, programming, and verifying programs on Renesas MCUs with on-chip flash memory.
- Control panel suitable for stand-alone operation (Learn More >>)
- Simple and user-friendly GUI, FP6 Terminal (Learn More >>)
- Useful functions for production line: programming using by buttons and automatic programming
- Able to use USB power: convenient for programming in the field
- High-speed downloading of files for programming from a PC to the PG-FP6 (Learn More >>)
- High-speed programming of MCUs by the PG-FP6 for reduced production times (Learn More >>)
- Support for high-volume programming by gang programming with the use of multiple PG-PF6s (Learn More >>)
- Code storage capacity with 256MB for large flash memory
- Security slot for theft prevention
- High compatibility with the predecessor (Learn More >>)
Control panel suitable for stand-alone operation
User-friendly GUI (FP6 Terminal)
- Stand-alone programming
- PC-controlled programming using dedicated GUI (FP6 Terminal）
- Up to 8 savable programming environments
- Optimized for production line programming (command control or remote control)
- Programming a unique code to a designated area of flash memory
- Function to control PG-FP6 main unit (prohibiting uploading and setup)
- Simultaneous selection of multiple program files
- Gang programming
High Compatibility with the Predecessor
Designed with compatibility with the predecessor PG-FP5 in mind for smooth migration.
- Setup files created with the PG-FP5 can be imported
- Support of PG-FP5-enabled MCUs
(For the V850 and 78K family, only MCUs with single-power-supply flash memory is supported.)
- The same specifications of control buttons, message display, and status LEDs
- The same specification of connector layout
- Connectable to boards designed by using the PG-FP5
- Pursuing programming GUI compatibility
|External dimensions||140 × 90 × 30 mm (protruding parts excluded)|
|Weight||Approximately 245 g|
|Host interface||USB2.0（USB1.1），Serial interface|
|External control interface||Provided|
|Terminal control||Provided (command released)|
|Target interface||CSI, CSI-H/S, UART, FINE|
|VDD supply from the programmer||Provided|
|ROM code||Max. 256 MB (divided by 8)|
|MCU-specific information||Parameter file for the PG-FP6(Included in FP6 Terminal) Note1
Multiple files (max. 8) can be read.
|MCU security settings||Provided|
|Main unit security settings||Provided|
|Single write operation
by a programmer
|The NEXT, ENTER, or CANCEL buttons are used.
The START button is used for write operation.
|Target cable||14-pin cable|
|Power||Power supply adapter for the PG-FP6 (accessory)
or USB power supply
|Programming GUI||Programming GUI for the PG-FP6: FP6 Terminal Note1|
- The FP6 Terminal for the PG-FP6 includes parameter files and firmware, which are provided separately for the PG-FP5, and USB drivers.
- GND cable
- USB cable
- Target cable (14-pin)
- Power supply adapter
The regulations with which the PG-FP6 conforms and plug shape vary depending on regions where the order is made. See Power supply adapter. >>
|China, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei, South Korea, Singapore||RTE0T00001FWRAS000R|
- Since regulations that apply to the PG-FP6 vary with the region, we cannot ship a product to a region other than that from which the order was made. For example, if you place an order in Japan, you cannot purchase a product intended for Europe and the USA. Please purchase the product from a Renesas Electronics Corporation representative (responsible for sales) or distributor in the region where it is to be used.
- If you wish to know which model is available in a region not included in the above table, please contact either a Renesas Electronics Corporation representative (responsible for sales) or distributor.
Power Supply Adapter
The PG-FP6 includes a power supply adapter which conforms with the regulations and plug shapes in the region where the order is made.
|AC: 100-240V Note1|
- This is the range of voltages that the power-supply adapter can support. For the actual voltage through the power-supply cable, check the indication often be at the end of the casing for the plug.
PG-FP6 Usage Examples
Stand-alone (off-line) programming
Production line programming
Following optional products are provided to facilitate the use of the PG-FP6.
20-Pin Conversion Adapter for the PG-FP6 [RTE0T00001FWRB0000R]
Converts the D-sub 15-pin connecter*1to the CoreSight 20-pin connector. As the PG-FP6 adds support for the RA family devices, this adapter will be available for purchase as of November 1, 2019 to enable users to connect the PG-FP6 to the RA family target system.
- The target connecter on the PG-FP6.
14-Pin to 16-Pin Conversion Adapter for the E1 Emulator
An adapter for changing the 14-pin/2.54-mm pitch connector on the target cable to the 16-pin/2.54-mm pitch connector used for PG-FP5 and MINICUBE2.
User-system Interface Cable for the E2 Emulator (20-10 pins) [RTE0T00020KCAC1000J]
Converts the CoreSight 20-pin connecter to the CoreSight 10-pin connecter. The cable is approximately 150 millimeter long. Use this converter cable together with the 20-pin conversion adapter for the PG-FP6.
As the PG-FP6 adds support for the RA family devices, this cable will be available for purchase as of November 1, 2019 to enable users to connect the PG-FP6 to the RA family target system.
User-system Interface Cable for the E2 Emulator (20-20pins) [RTE0T00020KCAC0000J]
The cable is a CoreSight 20-pin cable and is approximately 150 millimeter long. The cable is the exact same product be attached to 20-Pin Conversion Adapter for the PG-FP6.
- RA Family
- RL78 Family
- RX Family
- RH850 Family
- Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers
- Power Management (Battery Management)
- Renesas USB Power Delivery Family (C30 Group)
- ICs for Motor Driver/Actuator Driver (ICs for Motor Control)
- SuperH Family
- V850 Family Note1
- 78K Family Note1
- R8C Family
- Use programmers produced by partners for programming of the V850 and 78K with dual power supply flash memory, which assume mass production with mask ROM.
For details of support for individual device part numbers, see List of MCUs supported by PG-FP6 (incl. information on components and parameter files)
Information Supporting Development Tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|PG-FP6 Gang Programming Function|
|Function and performance comparisons between PG-FP6 and PG-FP5|