Projects that have been created using High-performance Embedded Workshop can be ported to the e² studio environment in either of the following two ways.
|Process||Convert an Existing Project||Create a New Project|
|Source file registration||Automatic||Manual|
|Option setting||(Partially) automatic||Manual|
|Source file folder location||Automatic||No care needs to be taken regarding the file registration location.|
|Conflict between source files and automatically generated files||Files should be modified after a project is created.||Care should be taken regarding conflict at manual file registration.|
Converting a High-performance Embedded Workshop Project Into an e² studio Project
Projects for RX or SuperH devices created in V.4.07 and later versions of High-performance Embedded Workshop can be converted into projects for the e² studio by importing them to the e² studio.
Note: Direct conversion of projects for H8, M16C, and M32C devices into projects for the e² studio is not possible. Use the function for converting projects for use with CS+ to convert the project into a CS+ project for the given microcontroller, and then importing project it to the e² studio.
- Select [HEW Project] as the source for importing in the [Import] dialog box of the e² studio.
- Select [HEW Project] or [HEW Workspace] as the item to be imported, specify [Select Target] and [Debug Hardware], and import the project.
- Left: Selecting [HEW Project] for [Import] in the [Import] dialog box of the e² studio
- Right: Selecting [HEW Workspace] for [Import] in the [Import] dialog box of the e² studio
Create a New Project in the e² studio and Register Existing Source Files
- Click on [File] -> [New] -> [C Project] in order from the menu bar of the e² studio and create a new C project. This launches the wizard for creating a new project shown right.
- Enter the project name in the dialog box and select the toolchain. Click on [Next >].
- Specify [Toolchain Version], [Debug Hardware], and [Select Target] and click on [Next >] to go to the next step.
- Click on the [Finish] button after setting the required options. This produces a window [Project summary for Tutorial]. Click on [OK] and a project is generated and displayed in the e² studio as in the example on the right.
- Select [Import…] -> [File System] to add an existing source file to the project. It is also possible to add new folders or files of source code from [File] -> [New].