These kits support the certification of development tools which are required for the IEC 61508 functional safety standard. They are intended for customers who are using RX compilers in developing products for industrial applications.
|Product Name||Description||Release Date||Details of Release|
|IEC61508 Certification Kit for RX Compilers V3.01.00||This certification kit is for the V3.01.00 C/C++ Compiler Packages for the RX Family (separately available).||Dec 23, 2019||See Tool News|
|IEC61508 Certification Kit for RX Compilers V2.03.00||This certification kit is for the V2.03.00 C/C++ Compiler Packages for the RX Family (separately available).
Note: We have confirmed that V2.03.00 of the C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family can operate under Windows 10.
|Apr 20, 2017||See Tool News|
We provide documents required for acquiring certification of software tools in terms of the development of industrial systems with functional safety, and particularly IEC61508 certificates, as the IEC61508 certification kits for RX compilers. These certification kits can significantly reduce the need for checking the appropriateness of the software tool with regard to the requirements for acquiring IEC61508 certification.
Renesas Electronics Corporation also provides functional safety solutions for industrial automation.
The combination of a certification kit and the functional safety solutions helps to reduce your workload when using RX devices in the development of industrial systems that are to incorporate functional safety.
For details of the functional safety solutions, refer to this page.
Contents of the Product
The IEC61508 certification kits for RX compilers provide the following documents:
- IEC61508 certificate that TÜV Rheinland has issued for C/C++ compiler for RX family
- Report about the evaluation of Renesas Compiler Suite CC-RX
- IEC61508-certified safety manual for C/C++ compiler for RX family
- Failure information for C/C++ compiler for RX family (Failure, conditions, workaround)
Contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor for details of the kits.
- These certification kits support qualification of confidence in a tool being in accordance with IEC 61508, but do not guarantee the acquisition of functional safety certification.
- Please confirm the acquisition of full functional safety certification with a certification authority.
- The kits do not include a compiler. You will need a V3 or V2 C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family, and the appropriate kit depends on the compiler version. If you do not have a V3 or V2 package, you will need to obtain it as a separate purchase.
- You will also need to follow the advice in 3.3, Recommended Usage of Renesas C/C++ Compiler, in the safety manual. Since the safety manual is part of the certification kits, be sure to contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor to inquire about the recommended methods of usage in general before making a purchase.
- If you are using a compiler that is not listed in the "Description" column of the Release Information, or if you intend to use a compiler under conditions that in some way do not meet the instructions on recommended usage in the safety manual, consider our Compiler Qualification Service (to Support Functional Safety).
Before purchasing this product, please be sure to check the following license agreement.
|LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR RX Compiler V3.01.00 IEC 61508 Certification Kit
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR RX Compiler V3.01.00 IEC 61508 Certification Kit
|LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR RX Compiler IEC 61508 Certification Kit
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR RX Compiler V2.03.00 IEC 61508 Certification Kit
|Product Name||Tools Orderable Part Number(s)|
|IEC61508 Certification Kit for RX Compilers V3.01.00||RTCRX0000TC03ZNR|
|IEC61508 Certification Kit for RX Compilers V2.03.00||RTCRX0000TC02ZNR|
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|