Conveniently and effectively measure blood pressure with the Smart Blood Pressure Monitor featuring the Renesas RL78/L1A ultra-low power consumption LCD microcontroller (MCU) and the RL78/G1D Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) MCU.
The electronic blood pressure monitor has the advantages of low cost, miniaturization and automation. It is easy to operate and carry, and has gradually become an essential healthcare product for the family. With the development of smartphones and mobile internet technology, the smart blood pressure monitor can achieve wireless transmission of measurement data and record the value of blood pressure parameters.
Renesas' Smart Blood Pressure Monitor device can check systolic pressure, diastolic pressure and pulse rate data, and confirm the results and battery percentage with an LCD display and smartphone application. Simply press the button on the smart blood pressure monitor or application to start the measurement process automatically. With the RL78/L1A ultra-low power consumption LCD MCU, you can operate various sensors and sync your readings to your smartphone using the RL78/G1D MCU's BLE function. The built-in rich peripheral functions realize cost reduction of the set.
- Demo board includes the RL78/L1A, RL78/G1D module
- Peripheral board includes an LCD, blood pressure measurement circuit and air pressure control circuit
- Flash ROM size of the RL78/L1A is 96KB and the RAM size is 5.5KB
- Smartphone app available to communicate with the Smart Blood Pressure Monitor via its built-in Bluetooth module
- Uses four AAA batteries or DC 6V input as the power supply
- The pressure sensor has a 12-bit digital output of I2C with high accuracy and good linearity
- The LED control circuit consists of the negative-positive-negative (NPN) digital transistors and the current limitation resistors to indicate which parameter is displayed on the LCD
- Uses the oscillometric method for blood pressure measurement
- Starts automatic measurement process by pressing the "Start/Stop" key or the "Start Measurement" button of the smart blood pressure monitor app
- Historical measurement records shown by pressing the "History" button on the smart blood pressure monitor app
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.