The ZL6100 is an integrated mixed-signal power conversion and management IC that combines an efficient step-down DC/DC converter with key power and thermal management functions in a single package. The ZL6100 incorporates current sharing and adaptive efficiency-optimization algorithms to provide a flexible, efficient power IC building block.
The ZL6100EVAL1Z platform is a 4-layer board demonstrating a 15A synchronous buck converter. Sequencing, tracking, margining, plus other features can be evaluated using this board.
A USB to SMBus adapter board can be used to connect the evaluation board to a PC. The PMBus command set is accessed by using Renesas' PowerNavigator™ evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
- 5A synchronous buck converter
- Optimized for small circuit footprint and dynamic response
- Configurable through SMBus
- Onboard Enable switch
- Power-Good indicator
- Servers/Storage equipment
- Telecom/Datacom equipment
- Power supplies (memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)