The ISL9214AEVAL1Z is an evaluation tool for the ISL9214A single-cell Li-ion battery charger. The evaluation tool provides a complete evaluation platform addressing all datasheet specifications and functionality. The jumpers on the board facilitate the programming of the charge current and the different charging conditions and can be used to make other necessary connections, such as current measurement.
The ISL9214A is a dual input, fully integrated single-cell Li-ion battery charger. The ISL9214A charger accepts two input sources: one from a USB port and the other from a desktop cradle. Both inputs accept input voltages ranging from 4.5V up to 28V. Due to the high voltage capability, the components associated with the cradle input circuit on the evaluation board are good for a 28V supply.
- Both inputs accept voltage up to 28V
- Flexible power connectors each with a hook and a solder pad providing variety to users
- USB port on board accepts power directly from USB cable
- Convenient jumpers for programming the charge
- Current, charge mode and for current measurement
- 3.5 x 2.5 square inches board size
- Thermal vias in the thermal pad similar to customers’ thermally enhanced environment
- On board LEDs for input PPR and CHG state indication
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
- Smart handheld devices
- Cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players
- Digital still cameras
- Handheld test equipment