The ISL78610EVKIT1Z is a kit that facilitates testing of the ISL78610 Li-ion battery pack analog front end ICs. The ISL78610 monitors cell voltage and temperature. It converts the cell voltages and temperatures to 14-bit digital values, provides cell balance control and provides significant fault detection. The ISL78610 also contains daisy chain hardware to provide robust, redundant board to board communications.
The evaluation kit can be used as a stand-alone monitor or combined with additional boards to create a daisy chained application. One board, operating alone, allows testing of up to 12 series-connected Li-ion battery packs, using a standard USB interface to a PC. Up to 14 boards cascade - with daisy chain communication from board-to-board to test systems with up to 168 cells.
- Supports both stand-alone and daisy chained configurations
- Daisy chaining with both connector only or wire jumper options
- GUI provided export option for generation of detailed register and/or SPI communications log files
- USB dongle runs HID firmware for driver-less enumeration and communications with Windows platforms
- GUI add-in chart generation tool supports real-time graphing, zoom and export of captured data
- Software provides checksum requirements associated with daisy chain communications
- Evaluation kit includes a "Battery Emulation" Power Supply board for cell voltage generation
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) battery packs
- Electric motorcycle battery packs
- Backup battery and energy storage systems requiring high accuracy management and monitoring
- Portable and semiportable equipment
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.