The ISL78600EVKIT1Z is an evaluation kit that facilitates testing of the ISL78600 Li-ion battery pack analog front-end ICs. The ISL78600 monitors cell voltage and temperature. It converts the cell voltages and temperatures to 14-bit digital values, provides cell balance control and provides significant fault detection. The ISL78600 also contains daisy chain hardware to provide robust, redundant board-to-board communication.
The evaluation kit can be used as a stand-alone monitor or combined with additional boards to create a daisy chained application. One board, operating alone, allows testing of up to 12-cell series-connected Li-ion battery packs, using a standard USB interface to a PC. Up to 14 boards cascade (with daisy chain communication from board-to-board) to test systems with up to 168 cells.
- Supports both stand-alone and daisy chained configurations
- Daisy chaining with both connector only or wire jumper options
- GUI provided export option for generation of detailed register and/or SPI communications log files
- USB dongle runs HID firmware for driver-less enumeration and communications with Windows platforms
- GUI add-in chart generation tool supports real-time graphing, zoom and export of captured data
- Software provides checksum requirements associated with daisy chain communications
- Evaluation kit includes a "Battery Emulation" power supply board for cell voltage generation
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) battery packs
- Electric motorcycle battery packs
- Backup battery and energy storage systems requiring high accuracy management and monitoring
- Portable and semiportable equipment