The ISL68201-99140DEMO1Z is a 6-layer board used to demonstrate a compact 17mm x 17mm 35A synchronous buck converter. Transient performance, fault protections, DC/AC regulations, PMBus programming, power sequencing, margining, and other features can be evaluated using this board.
The ISL68201 is a single-phase synchronous buck PWM controller featuring Renesas' proprietary R4™ Technology, which has extremely fast transient performance, accurately regulated frequency control and all internal compensation. The ISL68201 supports a wide 4.5V to 24V input voltage range and a wide 0.5V to 5.5V output range. It includes programmable functions and telemetries for easy use and high system flexibility using an SMBus, PMBus or I2C interface.
The ISL99140 is a high performance DrMOS power stage designed for high frequency power conversion. By combining a high performance FET driver and MOSFETs in an advanced package, high density DC/DC converters can be created.
The PMBus dongle (ZLUSBEVAL3Z), i.e., USB-to-PMBus™ adapter, and USB cable are included in the demonstration kit. Renesas' PowerNavigator™ evaluation software can be installed from Renesas' website and evaluate the full PMBus functionality of the part using a PC running Microsoft Windows 7 or 8.
- 35A synchronous buck converter with PMBus control
- On-board transient load with adjustable di/dt
- Configurable through resistor pins
- Cascadable PMBus connectors
- Integrated LDOs for single rail solution
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- All ceramics solution with SP capacitor footprint option
- High efficiency and high density POL digital power
- FPGA, ASIC and memory supplies
- Data center: servers, storage systems
- Wired infrastructure: routers, switches, optical networking
- Wireless infrastructure: basestations
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.