The ISL6548A-6506EVAL1Z evaluation board combines the ISL6548A and ISL6506 to provide a complete ACPI compliant power solution for systems with DDRI, DDRII or DDRIII. The ISL6548A_6506EVAL1Z supports testing with an ATX power supply. All seven outputs can be exercised through external loads. Both the VDDQ and VTT regulators have the ability to source or sink current while all other outputs may only source current.
There are posts available on each regulated output rail for drawing a load and/or monitoring the voltages. Eighteen individually labeled probe points are also available for use. These probe points provide Kelvin connections to signals which may be of interest to the designer.
Two switches have been placed on the board to accommodate ACPI signal simulation. These two switches generate the SLP_S3 and SLP_S5 signals that are sent to the ISL6506, ISL6548A and the ATX.
- Works for dual channel DDRI, DDRII or DDRIII memory systems
- Seven outputs can be exercised through external loads
- Both the VDDQ and VTT regulators have the ability to source or sink current while all other outputs may only source current
- Eighteen individually labeled probe points are also available for use
- Two switches have been placed on the board to accommodate ACPI signal simulation
- Single and dual channel DDR memory power systems in ACPI compliant PCs
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.