The ISL54065EVAL1Z evaluation board is designed to provide a quick and easy method for evaluating the ISL54065 IC.
The ISL54065 IC is a single supply Dual Single-Pole Double Throw (SPDT) analog switch with negative swing capability, sub-Ω ON-resistance and low power dissipation. The ISL54065 is designed for applications that require an analog switch that may see voltages below ground at the switch terminals, such as audio and video. The ISL54065EVAL1Z evaluation board is developed to evaluate the ISL54065 IC, integrating many features for ease of use in examining the performance of the device under various operating conditions. To help understand the operation of the ISL54065 IC and the ISL54065EVAL1Z evaluation board, it is recommended to study the Evaluation Board Schematic on page 5 of this application note, and refer to the datasheet for the ISL54065 IC.
The ISL54065 IC is a dual SPDT analog switch that is capable of swinging down to 6.5V below the positive supply rail. For example, if the supply is at +1.8V, the switch terminal analog operating range is from -4.3V to +1.8V. The ISL54065 also integrates click and pop elimination circuitry to remove transient noises at the speaker during power ON/OFF of an audio system. The evaluation board contains standard RCA/BNC connectors and a single headphone jack to allow the user to easily interface with the IC to evaluate its functions, features, and performance. The evaluation board has selectable output loads of 20kΩ and 32Ω resistors to simulate an audio amplifier pre-amp or stereo headphones. The board also has DC blocking capacitors at the switch input to remove the DC bias of single supply amplifiers.
- Selectable Output Resistive Loads and Input DC Blocking Capacitors
- RCA Audio Input/Output Jacks, Stereo Headphone Output Jack and BNC Connectors
- Convenient Test Points and Connections for Test Equipment
- Click and Pop Elimination Circuitry
- Manual or External Logic Input Control
- Audio and Video Switching
- Battery powered, Handheld, and Portable Equipment
- MP3 and Multimedia Players
- Cellular/mobile Phones
- Laptops, Notebooks, Palmtops
- Portable Test and Measurement
- Medical Equipment