The HIP4083 is a three-phase high-side N-channel MOSFET driver, specifically targeted for PWM motor control. Two HIP4083 may be used together for 3-phase full bridge applications. Alternatively, the lower gates may be controlled directly from a buffered microprocessor output
Unlike other members of the HIP408x family, the HIP4083 has no built in turn-on delay. Each output (AHO, BHO and CHO) will turn on 65ns after its input is switched low. Likewise, each output will turn off 60ns after its input is switched high. Very short and very long dead times are possible when two HIP4083s are used to drive a full bridge. This dead time is controlled by the input signal timing.
The HIP4083EVAL evaluation board is used to evaluate the HIP4083 3-phase high-side N-channel MOSFET driver, specifically targeted for PWM motor control.
- Independently drives three high-side N-channel MOSFETs in a 3-phase bridge configuration
- Bootstrap supply max voltage to 95VDC
- Bias supply operation from 7V to 15V
- Drives 1000pF load with typical rise times of 35ns and fall times of 30ns
- CMOS/TTL compatible inputs
- Programmable undervoltage protection
- Pb-free available
- Brushless motors
- High-side switches
- AC motor drives
- Switched reluctance motor drives