The ISL85415 is a 500mA synchronous buck regulator with an input range of 3V to 36V. The device provides an easy-to-use high-efficiency, low BOM-count solution for a variety of applications.
The ISL85415 integrates both high-side and low-side NMOS FET's and features a PFM mode for improved efficiency at light loads. The feature can be disabled if forced PWM mode is desired. The device switches at a default frequency of 500kHz, but can also be programmed using an external resistor from 300kHz to 2MHz. The ISL85415 has the ability to use internal or external compensation. By integrating both NMOS devices and providing internal configuration options, minimal external components are required, reducing both the BOM count and complexity of design.
With the wide VIN range and reduced BOM the part provides an easy to implement design solution for a variety of applications while giving superior performance. It provides a very robust design for high-voltage Industrial applications and delivers an efficient solution for battery powered applications.
The ISL85415 is available in a small Pb-free 4mmx3mm DFN plastic package with an operation temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- Wide input voltage range 3V to 36V
- Synchronous operation for high efficiency
- No compensation required
- Integrated High-side and Low-side NMOS devices
- Selectable PFM or forced PWM mode at light loads
- Internal fixed (500kHz) or adjustable switching frequency 300kHz to 2MHz
- Continuous output current up to 500mA
- Internal or external soft-start
- Minimal external components required
- Power-good and enable functions available
- Industrial control
- Medical devices
- Portable instrumentation
- Distributed power supplies
- Cloud infrastructure