The Smart Power Strip is a popular household appliance, which is widely used in intelligent linkage control and power saving of connected devices.
This Smart Power Strip solution features the RL78/G10 low power consumption, small package MCU. It can control the power supply of multiple terminals in conjunction simultaneously, such as a mainframe computer (master device) and a monitor (slave device), or a television with a set-top box and router, etc. The timer function of the RL78/G10 can detect when master outlet is turned on or off and supply power to slave outlet automatically when master outlet is on.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.
- Demo board includes the RL78/G10 MCU
- Offers intelligent linkage control and power saving: If the device connected to the master outlet turns on or off, the power supply of the slave outlet will be automatically turned on or off with a delay of 100ms
- The default threshold is set to 30W, to improve anti-interference
- When the power of the device connected to the master outlet is larger than the default threshold, the MCU uses a relay to turn on the power supply of the slave outlet
- When the power of device connected to the master outlet is less than the default threshold, the MCU uses a relay to turn off the power supply of the slave outlet