This product is a real-time operating system (real-time OS) that is an implementation of the μITRON4.0 specification. μITRON is the predominant real-time OS for embedded systems in Japan. Its low resource requirements, outstanding real-time performance, and broad range of service calls make it very suitable for embedded systems requiring true real-time and multi-tasking capabilities.
In addition, its high degree of compatibility with the CS+ IDE and the configurator which automatically generates startup files will help you greatly reduce development times and get your products to market more quickly.
This product is also available in the free trial version.
Important:RI850V4 V2 is not a multicore OS. However, while it does not support multicore OS functionality, it can be run at the same time on each of the cores of a multicore MCU.
Important:This product is a separate product from RI850V4 V1.00.xx.
- Conformance with the µITRON4.0 Specification
The design conforms with the µITRON4.0 Specification, which prescribes a representative OS architecture for embedded control.
- Excellent portability
To support its execution in various environments, the RI850V4 is separated into the target-dependent section for hardware-dependent processing and the parts for use in the user’s own code. Sample files of source code are provided. This enhances portability to various execution environments and facilitates customization.
- ROM-based implementation
Since the system is a real-time and multi-tasking OS designed on the assumption of usage in embedded execution environments, it was designed to be compact and ready for ROM-based implementation. A system can be configured with only those service calls that are actually used in the user’s application being linked (rather than all service calls provided by the RI850V4), so a real-time/multi-tasking OS which is optimally compact in terms of the user's needs can be configured.
- Realization of memory savings
The ability to disable preemption provided by the RI850V4 can reduce a system's memory requirements.
- Interlinking with the CS+ Integrated Development Environment from Renesas Electronics[Learn More]
- Automatic settings for options required in building the OS
- Displaying the states of OS control objects such as tasks, semaphores, etc. (Resource Information)
- Graphical display of the history of task operations and of issuing service calls（Task Analyzer. For the RH850G3MH core products, only software trace mode is available.）
- Support by the MULTI integrated development environment from Green Hills Software, Inc.[Learn More]
- Supported compiler: CC-RH, GHS
- Learn More
Latest Ver.: V2.01.01
Released: Jun 1, 2016
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
User's Manual ( Coding: RI850V4 V2 Real-Time Operating System User's Manual: Coding (PDF | English, 日本語) | All )
CS+ interface plug-ins (Real-time OS Common plug-in)
Latest Ver.: V3.03.00
Released: Jul 1, 2016
CS+ interface plug-ins (Plug-in for RI850V4 V2)
Latest Ver.: V2.02.00
Released: Jul 1, 2016
Notes of Target Devices: Contact us if you are considering purchasing this product for use with a device of the RH850/P1x-C or RH850/P1M-E group.