The ZMOD4510 gas sensor platform detects air quality in a variety of indoor and outdoor applications. The module is a 12-pin LGA assembly (standard version 3.0mm x 3.0mm x 0.7mm) that consists of a gas sense element and a CMOS signal conditioning IC. The module’s sense element consists of a heater element on a silicon-based MEMS structure and a metal-oxide (MOx) chemiresistor. The signal conditioner controls the sensor temperature and measures the MOx resistance, which is a function of the gas concentration.
The device is ideal for monitoring and reporting Outdoor Air Quality (OAQ). The provided free firmware enables different ZMOD4510 features based on traditional and machine learning algorithms with an embedded artificial intelligence (AI) using the same hardware platform. This is used to determine the Air Quality Index (AQI) output, which is based on gases present. The outdoor air quality includes nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and ozone (O3). Alternatively, depending on the operation mode, the ZMOD4510 can selectively measure ozone in an ultra-low power (ULP) operation.
The measurement results can be read via an I2C interface with the user’s microprocessor, which processes the data to determine the levels of gases present and to indicate the AQI based on international standards. With its latest ultra-low operating current consumption, the ZMOD4510 is an excellent choice for low-voltage and low power battery applications.
- Sensor output based on operation method:
- Non-selective measurement of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and ozone (O3)
- Selective ozone (O3) measurement using ultra-low power
- Supports international standards for air quality, such as the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Ultra-low average power consumption down to 0.2mW
- External reset pin (active-LOW)
- Siloxane resistant
- RoHS compliant
- Target operation temperature: -40 °C to +65 °C
- Supply voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Water and dustproof version available (IP67 certified)
- Available assembly sizes:
- 3.0mm x 3.0mm x 0.7mm (standard version)
- 3.0mm x 3.0mm x 0.9mm (IP67 version)