The P9221-R3 is a high efficiency 15W magnetic induction wireless power receiver with in-band, bi-directional data communication with no additional circuitry. The communication channel can be used for proprietary device authentication and secure system data transfer.
The P9221-R3 integrates a 32-bit ARM Cortex®-M0 processor, low RDS(ON) synchronous rectifier, and ultra-low dropout regulator making it ideal for high-efficiency, space-constrained receiver applications. The device features a programmable output voltage, current limitation, and foreign-object detection (FOD) settings. An I²C serial interface allows reading information such as voltage, current and fault conditions. The device also features a patented over-voltage protection scheme eliminating the need for additional capacitors, which can minimize the external component count and cost. Combined with the P9242-R3 transmitter, the P9221-R3 forms complete wireless power system solution for 15W applications with bi-directional communication.
The P9221-R3 is provided in a 52-WLCSP package (2.64 × 3.94 mm, 0.4 mm pitch), and it is rated for a 0 to +85°C ambient operating temperature range.
- Supports bi-directional data communication
- Enables authentication and system data transfer
- Single-chip solution supporting applications with up to 15W
- Patented over-voltage protection clamp eliminating external capacitors
- 87% peak DC-to-DC efficiency when combined with the P9242-R3
- Proprietary coil alignment guide
- Programmable output voltage and current limit
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Dedicated remote temperature sensing
- Standard device compliant with WPC-1.2 specification
- Supports I²C interface
- 0 to +85°C ambient operating temperature range
- 2.64 x 3.94 mm 52-WLCSP package