Create a solution that supplies power between objects using electromagnetic induction with the Wireless Charger reference design featuring RL78 microcontrollers (MCU).
Wireless charging is a technology that uses the principle of electromagnetic induction to transfer electrical energy between two coils. It has been installed as one of the popular functions in mobile devices such as smartphones in recent years.
This solution uses features such as overcurrent monitoring that utilizes the powerful analog functions of the RL78/G11 low pin and internally configurable analog MCU, and PWM output using the timer KB. Additionally, the wide input voltage and low power consumption of the ISL28006 micropower, unidirectional high-side and low-side current sense amplifier and the shoot-through current protection feature of the HIP2106A high frequency MOSFET driver enhance application safety and high efficiency.
Note: This application has not acquired Qi certification.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.04167µs at 24MHz operation with high-speed on-chip oscillator) to ultra-low speed (66.6µs at 15kHz operation with low-speed on-chip oscillator clock)
- General-purpose registers: (8-bit register × 8) × 4 banks
- ROM: 16KB, RAM: 1.5KB, data flash: 2KB
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 48/24/16/12/8/6/4/3/2/1 MHz (TYP.)
- Selectable middle-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 4/2/1 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip power-on-reset (POR) circuit
- On-chip voltage detector (LVD)
- Watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- Key interrupt function: 8 key interrupt input pins
- Clock output/buzzer output controller
- BCD (binary-coded decimal) correction circuit
- I/O port: 17 to 21
- 16-bit timer (TAU): 4 channels
- TKB: 1 channel
- 12-bit interval timer: 1 channel
- 8-bit interval timer: 2 channels
- Serial interfaces
- CSI: 4 channels
- UART: 2 channels
- I2C/Simplified I2C communication: 4 channels
- Multi-master I2C: 2 channels
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 10 to 11 channels
- 8/10-bit resolution D/A converter: 2 channels
- Comparator: 2 channels
- Operating modes: Comparator high-speed mode, comparator low-speed mode, window mode
- PGA: 1 channel
- Data transfer controller (DTC)
- Event link controller (ELC)
- Standby function: HALT or STOP mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 1.6V to 5.5V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
- Compliant with Qi standard (This application has not acquired Qi certification.)
- Visual status display of system by LED
- Overvoltage, overcurrent detection function
- PWM output dedicated 16-bit timer KB
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.