The ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z board evaluates the ISL9519 narrow VDC regulator/charger with SMBus interface. The ISL9519 is a highly integrated battery charger controller for Li-ion/Li-ion polymer batteries with SMBus interface controlling system voltage, charge current and input current limiting. The evaluation board includes a USB to SMBus interface to allow users to control the ISL9519 from a personal computer.
ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z is designed for input voltage below 7V (i.e., 5V input) but has protection from input voltage up to 22V. It differs from the design for input voltage >7V (ISL9519EVAL1Z) in 3 ways. ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z drives both input PFETs with AGATE to turn both ON when adapter voltage is high. ISL9519EVAL1Z drives SGATE ON only when input current is >300mA. ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z has a circuit that connects input voltage to VDD when the input is less than 5.2V to bypass the internal LDO. ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z has a zener to protect ADET from voltages >7V absolute maximum if the input voltage is >9.5V.
ISL9519 Key Features
- ±0.5% System Voltage Accuracy (-10°C to +100°C)
- ±3% Accurate Input Current Limit (-10°C to +100°C)
- ±3% Accurate Battery Charge Current Limit
- Variable Switching Frequency at Light Load Conditions for Higher Efficiency
- Fixed Frequency Operation at Higher Loads
- Trickle Charge System for Deeply Discharged Batteries
- SMBus 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Default System Voltage Values for 1-Cell, 2-Cell or 3-Cell Operation Selected by an External Pin
- Adapter In-rush FET Control
- Adapter Isolation FET Control
- Battery Short Circuit Protection
- Fast System-Load Transient Response
- Monitor Outputs
- 11-Bit Max System Voltage Setting
- 7-Bit Min System Voltage Setting
- 6-Bit Charge Current Setting: Over 8A Battery Charger Current
- 6-Bit Adapter Current Setting: Over 8A Adapter Current
- +4.5V to +22V Adapter Voltage Range
- Notebook Computers
- Tablet PCs
- Portable Equipment with Rechargeable Batteries
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
|ISL9519TQFNEVAL2Z||Mass Production||Renesas||$333.00||1||0||Contato Distribuidor|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.