The ISL8280MEVAL1Z and ISL8282MEVAL1Z evaluation boards are designed for evaluating the ISL8280M and ISL8282M single channel step-down, synchronous DC/DC power supply modules that are capable of delivering up 10A and 15A of continuous current. The proprietary Renesas R4 Technology control scheme has extremely fast transient performance, accurately regulated frequency control, and all internal compensation. The ISL8280M and ISL8282M include an SMBus/PMBus/I2C interface for module configuration, telemetry (VIN, VOUT, IOUT, and temperature) and fault reporting, and allow for easy R4 loop optimization that results in fast transient performance across a wide range of applications, which includes all ceramic output filters. The devices integrate the controller, all power components, and most passive components. They require only a few external components to operate, which significantly reduces design complexity and board space, and these power supply modules optimize for high power density applications without the need for airflow or a heatsink.
The ISL828xMEVAL1Z evaluation boards are a 3in x 3.4in 6-layer FR4 boards with 2oz. copper on all layers. The boards operate from a single 4.5V to 15V wide input power rail and offer adjustable output voltages down to 0.5V and efficiencies of up to 95%. The ISL828xMEVAL1Z comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistors to program output voltage, PFM/PWM mode, temperature compensation (TCOMP), PMBus address, switching frequency (fSW), AV gain, OCP retry/latchoff, ultrasonic PFM enable, soft-start ramp rate, RR impedance, and AV gain multiplier (1x or 2x).
The ISL8280MEVAL1Z and ISL8282MEVAL1Z ship with the ZLUSBEVAL3Z (USB to PMBus adapter), which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the Renesas PowerNavigator™ evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The boards can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ZLUSBEVAL3Z adapter or PMBus communication.
By default, the boards are set to a 1V output voltage with a 400kHz switching frequency, 49 AV gain, and 200kΩ RR.
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 15V, capable of delivering up to 10A (ISL8280M) and 15A (ISL8282M) of continuous current, and up to 95% conversion efficiency
- Adjustable output voltage: 0.5V to 5V with ±1.5% load/line/temperature regulation with remote sense
- Proprietary Renesas R4 Technology
- Programmable VOUT, PFM/PWM mode, TCOMP, PMBus address, fSW, AV gain, OCP retry/latchoff, ultrasonic PFM enable, soft-start ramp rate, RR, and AV gain multiplier
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, switching frequency, duty cycle, and faults
- Startup into precharged load
- Dedicated enable pin and PGOOD indicator
- Comprehensive fault protection for high system reliability: over-temperature protection, output overcurrent and short-circuit protection, output overvoltage and undervoltage protection, open remote sense protection, input UVLO and power sequence, and fault reset
- Thermally enhanced 12mm x 11mm x 5.3mm HDA package
- Compatible with Renesas PowerNavigator software
- Servers, telecom, storage, and datacom
- Industrial/ATE and networking equipment
- Graphics cards
- General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP, and memory
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.