The RAA210825 is a pin-strap configurable 25A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, a power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally-enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 25A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210825 simplifies configuration and control of Renesas digital power technology while offering an upgrade path to a full PMBus configuration through the pin-compatible ISL8277M.
The RTKA2108252H00000BU evaluation board is a 4. 0in x 4. 5in 4-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper in all layers. The RAA210825 comes with a preprogrammed configuration for operating in pin-strap mode. Output voltage, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop delay and ramp times, and the device SMBus address can be programmed with external pin-strap resistors.
The ZLUSBEVAL3Z (USB to PMBus adapter) is provided with this evaluation board, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigatorTM evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The RTKA2108252H00000BU can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ZLUSBEVAL3Z adapter or PMBus communication.
The PowerCompassTM tool helps you start your design in the right direction, giving you tools to find Renesas parts that match your requirements, set up multiple rails if needed, perform high-level system analysis and generate reference design files.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 5V
- Pin-strap mode for standard setting: VOUT, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, and external synchronization
- Real-time telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency, and fault logging
- ChargeModeTM control that is tunable with pin-strap resistors or the PMBus interface
- Mechanical switch for enable and the power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage, and datacom, Industrial/ATE and networking equipment, General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP, and memory