1.5% output voltage accuracy, differential remote voltage sensing and fast transient response create a very high-performance power system. Built-in output overvoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection enhance system reliability.
The ISL8240M is available in a thermally-enhanced QFN package. Excellent efficiency and low thermal resistance permit full power operation without heat sinks or fans. In addition, the QFN package with external leads permits easy probing and visual solder inspection.
- Fully-encapsulated dual step-down switching power supply
- Up to 100W output from a 17mmx17mm PCB footprint
- Dual 20A or single 40A output
- Up to 94% conversion efficiency
- 4.5V to 20V input voltage range
- 0.6V to 2.5V output voltage range
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy with differential remote sensing
- Output overvoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection
- QFN package with exposed leads permits easy probing and visual solder inspection
Design Resources and Tools
Featured White Papers
Industry-Leading 10A and 15A Fully Encapsulated PMBus Power Modules
The ISL828xM hybrid digital and ISL821xM analog power modules feature integrated LDOs that enable single-supply operation. They leverage Renesas’ patented R4™ high-speed control loop architecture with inherent line voltage feed-forward, providing designers a unique combination of ultra-fast load transient response and high noise immunity. Their proprietary Grid HDA package offers unmatched electrical and thermal performance through a single-layer conductive package substrate that efficiently transfers heat from the module to the system board, and dissipates it without requiring airflow or heatsinks – even under heavy load conditions.
Key Features of the Newest Power Module Family
|Load Current (A)||15||10||15||10|
|Minimum VIN (V)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|Maximum VIN (V)||16.5||16.5||16.5||16.5|
|Minimum VOUT (V)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Maximum VOUT (V)||5||5||5||5|
|Peak Efficiency (%)||95.2||95.2||95.2||95.2|
|Minimum Switching Frequency (kHz)||255||255||255||255|
|Maximum Switching Frequency (kHz)||1130||1130||1130||1130|