10 May 2016
Tokyo, Japan, May 10, 2016 — Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723, “Renesas”) expresses its sincere sympathy and condolences to the victims of the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake.
Hoping to assist relief and the recovery efforts of the region, Renesas donated a total of 10 million yen to Kumamoto prefecture. Renesas deeply hopes for an earliest possible recovery of the areas impacted by the disaster.
Regarding the status of the Renesas' offices and factories impacted by the Kumamoto Earthquake, Renesas announced the partial resumption of manufacturing process production in the Kawashiri Factory starting April 22 and the company, in accordance with the BCP (Business Continuity Plan), today announced its target date to recover full pre-earthquake production capacity as follows.
- Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Kawashiri Factory (Kumamoto city, Kumamoto)
- Renesas resumed production of part of the manufacturing processes starting April 22. While the chance of aftershocks to occur remains unpredictable, we confirmed that there is no current issue under consideration that would impede recovery further. Under these circumstances, we expect to be able to restore full pre-earthquake production capacity (wafer input capacity) targeting May 22. Renesas highly appreciates the kind understanding and support of the customers, partner companies and all those affected by this matter.
- Impact on Renesas' overall supply chain including the suppliers and partner companies, etc.
- Following the main quake that occurred on April 16, further damage has been confirmed at some subcontractor companies. However, having accelerated recovery efforts in cooperation with its suppliers and partner companies, now all of Renesas' subcontractor companies have resumed production. Renesas is exerting its utmost efforts to return to full pre-earthquake production capacity at the earliest possible date.
- Financial outlook
- Renesas is currently evaluating the impact of the earthquake on Renesas' consolidated financial results. Renesas will promptly disclose details should any material impact be recognized.
Please refer to the past notices up to UPDATE 6 regarding the Kumamoto earthquake.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.