06 Oct 2010
SANTA CLARA, Calif., October 6, 2010 -- Committed to delivering high-performance, cost-effective networking solutions for its RX microcontroller (MCU) customers, Renesas Electronics America Inc. today announced a new Renesas Demonstration Kit (RDK) to support its RX62N Group of MCUs. Working closely with several leading semiconductor suppliers, Renesas Electronics pulls together best-in-class components from across the industry to offer engineers of embedded systems an easy-to-use kit designed to significantly reduce design uncertainties, development time and cost.
Introduced in March 2010, the RX62N MCU Group was designed with a full complement of on-chip communications functions, including Ethernet, USB 2.0 (host and device) and CAN, to meet the connectivity needs of industrial applications such as building management and factory automation systems.
"To help designers of embedded systems meet increasingly complex design requirements and shrinking development cycles, it is not enough to simply provide one best-in-class product," said Todd DeBoer, director of ecosystems, Consumer & Industrial Business Unit, Renesas Electronics America. "The RX62N RDK combines industry-leading components from Renesas Electronics and other top suppliers in a comprehensive, easy-to-use solution that can save designers weeks or more of component selection and testing."
"Supporting evolving performance requirements while hitting time-to-market deadlines is a tricky tightrope to walk," said Ritesh Tyagi, director, microcontrollers product marketing, Consumer & Industrial Business Unit, Renesas Electronics America. "The Renesas Electronics RX62N RDK is a noteworthy example of how supplier cooperation yields significant customer benefits, providing an all-around solution that reduces the design risk associated with integrating new functions while maintaining quick turnaround times."
About the RX62N RDK
The RX62N RDK integrates best-in-class products from several Renesas Electronics partners to create an extremely robust solution that helps reduce design and interoperability uncertainty for designers while delivering desired performance and time-to-market turnaround. Among the best-in-class components on the board are:
- Analog Devices’ ADXL345 digital iMEMS® accelerometer for motion measurement in three-axis; ADT7420 serial digital temperature sensor connected via I2C; and ADMP401 digital iMEMS microphone, plus two others.
- Epson provided 32.768 KHz, 12 MHz, 18.432 MHz and 25 MHz crystals.
- The non-volatile NP5Q128A13ESFC0E Micron Technology Phase Change Memory provides 128 Mb of serial flash to help meet demands for increased bandwidth and decreased power consumption.
- National Semiconductor’s DP83640 10/100 Ethernet PHY incorporates IEEE 1588 at the PHY layer to deliver the industry’s highest precision clock synchronization for real-time operation and control.
- Okaya provided a semi-custom 96 x 64-pixel, white LED backlit graphics LCD (part number PE9664WRF-004-I02), which allows RDK connection using the SPI bus.
- The SEGGER J-Link Lite emulator adds low-cost/high-performance on-board debugging and chip-programming functions to the RX62N RDK development kit.
- The Total Phase header allows the Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer (PN TP320121) to be connected to Renesas Electronics' I2C and SPI buses.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. In the Americas, Renesas Electronics America markets and sells industrial-type active-matrix LCD modules from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at www.renesas.com.
iMEMS is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc. Product names, company names and/or brands mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.