- Ideal solution for Cloud Datacenter optical interconnects and 5G connectivity
- Delivers best-in-class power consumption and temperature operation, in a small form factor
05 Mar 2019
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 5, 2019 – Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT) (NASDAQ: IDTI) today introduced the industry’s first 53Gb/s and 112Gb/s multi-rate Trans-impedance Amplifiers (TIAs) for optical transceivers, active optical cables (AOCs) and On-Board Optics (OBO) applications. The single-channel and quad-channel TIA chips with the IDT® Clock Data Recovery (CDR), Laser Drivers for Directly Modulated Lasers (DMLs) and Electro-Absorption Modulated Lasers (EMLs) provide a total solution to customers to achieve high performance, low power consumption and low costs.
Datacenters continue to drive the high speed Ethernet optics with multiple data rates into advanced PAM4 modulations, thus leading to various PMD form factors. One way to save costs is to find a way to make a component that could meet multi-rate requirements. IDT’s newly released PAM4 TIA, with a patented adaptive design, can meet both 53Gb/s and 112Gb/s bandwidth requirements. The multi-rate function provides design flexibility to module designers, reduces development cycles and leads a lean manufacturing operation.
Key attributes and benefits to 200G/400G Datacenter applications include:
- Low power consumption for PAM4 linear receivers and COBO optics in QSFP-DD and OSFP modules, for example, as low as < 150mW/channel
- Excellent flat frequency responses and low group delay with wide bandwidth (up to 43GHz) and AGC, which optimizes PAM4 systems for wide dynamic PMD links
- Very low input referred noise density as low as 10pA/√Hz
- Compact die size enabling small optical assembly and On-Board Optics assembly for better port density
- -40°C to 95°C temperature operation range for 5G wireless front-haul applications
- I2C interface providing on-chip multiple functions, such as control, monitor and alarms
“We are very excited with the technical performance of the 53G/ch and 112G/ch TIA, which works very well with our PAM4 DML, and EML drivers in both data rates,” said Dr. Kevin Zhang, director of marketing for datacom products at IDT. “This new generation of TIAs will very well satisfy the high performance challenges required for 100GBASE-LR and 400GBASE LR4 standards and simultaneously consume very low power and deliver a high sensitivity solution for small form factor modules.”
Production TIAs will be shipped in Q2 2019, which perfectly matches the deployment of 100GBASE-DR, FR and LR and 400GBASE-DR4, FR4 and LR4 modules in Data Center applications, as well as the beginning of the 5G applications.
See IDT at OFC 2019 (booth #2217) on March 5-7, 2019 at the San Diego Convention Center for live demonstrations of our latest solutions. Visit www.idt.com to learn more about IDT’s optical communications products.
© 2019, Integrated Device Technology, Inc. IDT and the IDT logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Integrated Device Technology, Inc., and its worldwide subsidiaries. All other brands, product names and marks are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks used to identify products or services of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.