Environmental Education and Information Transmission Activities
- Top Message
- About this report
- Renesas' Environmental Activities
- Environmental Topics
- Environmental Activities at Each Site
- Biodiversity Conservation Activities
- External Evaluation
- Contact Us
Environmental Basic Education
The environmental education program of the Group (for domestic employees) is conducted by separating it into general education and specialized education.
In the general environmental education program, the Group provides basic environmental education to help all our Group executives and employees acquire necessary environmental knowledge mainly through online sessions. Meanwhile, the specialized, operation-specific environmental education program has been designed to allow employees to gain the environmental knowledge required for their respective operations. This program offers education and training specific to the individual fields of development, design, sales and manufacturing. Finally, the ISO 14001 and ISO 19011 education programs help employees understand the certification systems and help internal auditors develop their auditing skills.
|Program Name||Purpose||Targets for fiscal 2020|
|General Environmental Education||Enhancement of environmental awareness and knowledge||
|Specialized Environmental Education
|Acquisition of environmental knowledge required for one's job||
FY 2019 Achievement
As we experience abnormal weather and an extreme summer heat each year due to climate change over the past several decades, I think that we should lose no time in addressing this issue. Through this program, I realized anew that we should make efforts to stop global warming. While each individual may not be able to make a difference in environmental conservation, we should join forces with one another within our company to contribute to conserving the environment.
Comments from Environmental Education Participants
- I think that high-quality, regular environmental education is effective and functional in promoting environmental learning in local communities. This program enables us to learn remotely and at our own pace. I think that this education program is very beneficial.
- Through this program, I realized that abnormal weather brought by global warming is a real threat and that the current situation is very serious. I also realized that environmental conservation is an important issue that not only individuals, but also companies should address seriously.
- As we experience abnormal weather and an extreme summer heat each year due to climate change over the past several decades, I think that we should lose no time in addressing this issue. Through this program, I realized anew that we should make efforts to stop global warming. While each individual may not be able to make a difference in environmental conservation, we should join forces with one another within our company to contribute to conserving the environment.
Transmission of environmental information
Participation in the Environmental Reporting Platform Development Pilot Project
The Environmental Reporting Platform Development Pilot Project is a project designed by the Ministry of the Environment in response to the increasing demands for disclosure of information on Environment, Society and Governance (ESG). It provides a framework for dialogue between participating companies and stakeholders. Through participation in the project since 2015, we have been promoting efforts to disclose environmental information properly.
Transmission of environmental information to ESG rating agencies
Investment with a focus on Environment (E), Society (S), and Governance (G), which is called ESG investment, has been increasing rapidly. Investors believe that if companies address the ESG issue, it will lead to the improvement of long-term corporate value and sustainable growth and ultimately to greater return on their investments. These investors need not only financial information, but also ESG information of companies. Therefore, ESG rating agencies collect ESG information from companies for their investment-grade ratings. Upon request for ESG information from these agencies, we actively provide our environmental information.
Next page: Environmental Activities at Each Site