RL78/G14 Group microcontrollers employ the RL78 core which realizes high processing performance while delivering the lowest power consumption in their class, and have enhanced computing power and peripheral functions suitable for motor control and other applications.
In addition to a high-precision (±1%) on-chip oscillator enabling 32 MHz CPU operation and other standard on-chip functions from the RL78/G13, the RL78/G14 microcontrollers have multiply and divide and multiply-accumulate instructions capable of faster processing than the RL78/G13, and functions from the R8C Family with proven track records, such as timers RD/RG/RJ, data transfer controller, and event link controller, helping to lower the total cost of building a system and contributing to more compact size and lower power consumption.
In addition, abundant functions for supporting functional safety, such as an A/D converter testing function, are also on-chip.
With 30 to 100-pin packages, these products are suitable for inverter motor control, home appliances, mobile devices, healthcare devices, and other consumer electronics, office equipment, industrial equipment, and so on.
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Operating voltage: VDD = 1.6 to 5.5 V
Max. frequency: 32 MHz
ROM capacities: 16 to 512 KB flash memory
RAM capacities: 2.5 to 48 KB
Data Flash: 4 KB (16 to 64 KB Flash products）, 8 KB (96 to 512 KB Flash products)
ROM/RAM: 384 KB/32 KB and 512 KB/48 KB products are under development.Package:
- - 30-pin plastic SSOP (7.62 mm (300)), 32-pin plastic WQFN (fine pitch) (5x5), 32-pin plastic LQFP (7x7), 36-pin plastic FLGA (4x4), 40-pin plastic WQFN (fine pitch)(6x6), 44-pin plastic LQFP (10x10), 48-pin plastic LQFP (fine pitch) (7x7), 48-pin plastic WQFN (7x7), 52-pin plastic LQFP (10x10), 64-pin plastic LQFP (12x12), 64-pin plastic LQFP (fine pitch) (10x10), 64-pin plastic FLGA (5x5), 64-pin plastic LQFP (14x14), 80-pin plastic LQFP (fine pitch) (12x12), 80-pin plastic LQFP (14x14), 100-pin plastic LQFP (fine pitch) (14x14), 100-pin plastic LQFP (14x20)
Minimum instruction execution time can be changed from high speed (0.03125 µs: @ 32 MHz operation with internal high-speed oscillation clock) to ultra low-speed (30.5 µs: @ 32.768 kHz operation with subsystem clock)
General-purpose register: 8 bits x 32 registers (8 bits x 8 registers x 4 banks)
On-chip internal high-speed oscillation clocks
Selectable from 64 MHz (TYP.), 48 MHz (TYP.), 32 MHz (TYP.), 24 MHz (TYP.), 16 MHz (TYP.), 12 MHz (TYP.), 8 MHz (TYP.), 4 MHz (TYP.), and 1 MHz (TYP.)
On-chip single-power-supply flash memory (with prohibition of block erase/writing function)
Self-programming (with boot swap function/flash shield window function)
On-chip debug function
On-chip power-on-reset (POR) circuit and voltage detector (LVD)
On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated internal low-speed oscillation clock)
Multiply/divide/multiply & accumulate instructions are supported.
On-chip key interrupt function
On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
On-chip BCD adjustment
I/O ports: 26 to 92 (N-ch open-drain: 2 to 4)
- 16-bit timer: 8 to 12 channels (TAU: 4 to 8 channels, Timer RJ: 1 channel, Timer RD: 2 channels, Timer RG: 1 channel)
- Watchdog timer: 1 channel
- Real-time clock: 1 channel (Correction clock output)
- Interval timer: 1 channel
- UART/UART (LIN-bus supported)
- I2C/Simplified I2C communication
Different potential interface: Can connect to a 2.5/3 V device when operating at 4.0 V to 5.5 V
8/10-bit resolution A/D converter (VDD = EVDD =1.6 to 5.5 V): 8 to 20 channels
Standby function: HALT, STOP, SNOOZE mode
On-chip D/A converter
On-chip data transfer controller (DTC)
On-chip event link controller (ELC)
Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 to +85°C
- Consumer Electronics, Industrial