Renesas is introducing the RL78/D1x as an optimized solution for the BRICs and low-end instrument cluster markets.
The RL78/D1x is the successor of 78K0/Dx2 or UPD78082x microcontrollers and suited for car instrument cluster, built-in car instrument cluster dedicated features such as Sound Generator, Stepper Motor Controller/Driver and LCD Segment Controller/Driver etc.
Low-end Instrument Cluster
- Programmable tone frequency (100Hz to 6 KHz)
- Programmable volume level
- Automatic logarithmic volume decrement function
Stepper Motor Controller/Driver
- 8-bit precision pulse width can be specified
- Pseudo 9-bit precision pulse width can be specified by using the 1-bit addition function
- PWM output is possible at frequencies up to 20 kHz
- Automatic PWM phase shift for reducing fluctuation on power supply and for reducing the susceptibility to electromagnetic interference
- Zero Point Detection (ZPD) function
- 4 com. x 27 to 53 seg.
- Internal Resistance Division Method for LCD driver voltage generator
- Automatic output of segment and common signals based on automatic display data memory read
- Display mode : Static, 1/3 duty, 1/4 duty
- Six different frame frequencies, selectable in each display mode
|2.7 - 5.5||32||24 - 256||8||2 - 16||48,64,80,100|