The RH850 is Renesas Electronics' latest automotive micro-controller family that offers high performance balanced with very low power consumption over a wide and scalable range of products. This family offers rich functional safety and embedded security features needed for new and advanced automotive applications. The RH850 family is offered in a Renesas 40nm process, an industry first, and offers tremendous capability and features as cost-effective pricing. The family offers a range of CPU core structures (single, multiple, lock-step and combination thereof) to support high performance and/or high reliability requirements.
Concept of the RH850 Family
Remark) Click the buttons to show details.
- Low power consumption for more eco-friendly vehicles
- Guaranteed high-temperature operation for a higher level of confidence
- Multicore technology for more advanced functional safety
- Scalability and AUTOSAR support for easier software development
- Full support for control applications for basic through luxury models
- RH850/F1x Series has three groups; RH850/F1L, RH850/F1M and RH850/F1H.
- RH850/F1x Series use the same architecture CPU core, share common peripheral functions and have software compatibility.
- 40 nm process and MONOS structure for flash memory with lower power consumption and better reliability
- Improved automotive network functions and added data encryption function
The RH850/C1x microcontrollers have Resolver/Digital Converter (RDC), Enhanced Motor Control (EMU) unit, Functional Safety and diagnostic functions support for ISO26262. They are suitable for motor control for Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) and Electric Vehicles (EV).
The RH850/F1x series microcontrollers are successor of V850E2/Fx4 and V850E2/Fx4-L. It expands on-chip flash memory and adds a small 48-pin package. The new microcontrollers are designed for use in a variety of automotive body applications and provide the following advantages: