28 Mar 2014
The RH850 is Renesas Electronics' latest automotive micro-controller family that offers high performance balanced with very low power consumption over a wide and scalable range of products. This family offers rich functional safety and embedded security features needed for new and advanced automotive applications. The RH850 family is offered in a Renesas 40nm process, an industry first, and offers tremendous capability and features as cost-effective pricing. The family offers a range of CPU core structures (single, multiple, lock-step and combination thereof) to support high performance and/or high reliability requirements.
Concept of the RH850 Family
Remark) Click the buttons to show details.
- Low power consumption for more eco-friendly vehicles
- Guaranteed high-temperature operation for a higher level of confidence
- Multicore technology for more advanced functional safety
- Scalability and AUTOSAR support for easier software development
- Full support for control applications for basic through luxury models
- RH850/F1x Series has three groups; RH850/F1L, RH850/F1M and RH850/F1H.
- RH850/F1x Series use the same architecture CPU core, share common peripheral functions and have software compatibility.
- 40 nm process and MONOS structure for flash memory with lower power consumption and better reliability
- Improved automotive network functions and added data encryption function
The RH850/F1x series microcontrollers are successor of V850E2/Fx4 and V850E2/Fx4-L. It expands on-chip flash memory and adds a small 48-pin package. The new microcontrollers are designed for use in a variety of automotive body applications and provide the following advantages: