The H8S/2138 Group and H8S/2134 Group comprise high-performancemicrocomputers with the internal 32-bit H8S/2000 CPU core, and a set of on-chipsupporting functions required for system configuration.
The H8S/2000 CPU can execute basic instructions in one state.It has sixteeninternal 16-bit general registers with a 32-bit configuration and a concise andoptimized instruction set. The CPU can handle a 16-Mbyte linear address space(architecturally 4 Gbytes). Programs based on the high-level language C canalso be run efficiently
Single-power-supply flash memory and mask ROM versions are available, providinga quick and flexible response to conditions from ramp-up through full-scalevolume production, even for applications with frequently changingspecifications.
On-chip peripheral functions include a 16-bit free-running timer (FRT), 8-bittimer (TMR), watchdog timer (WDT), two PWM timers (PWM and PWMX), a serialcommunication interface (SCI, IrDA), host interface (HIF), D/A converter (DAC),A/D converter (ADC), and I/O ports. An I2C bus interface (IIC) canalso be incorporated as an option.
An on-chip data transfer controller (DTC) is also provided, enabling high-speeddata transfer without CPU intervention.
The H8S/2138 Group has all the above on-chip supporting functions, and can alsobe provided with an IIC module as an option. The H8S/2134 Group comprisesreduced-function versions, with fewer TMR channels and no PWM, HIF, IIC, or DTCmodules.
Use of the H8S/2138 or H8S/2134 Group enables compact, high-performance systemsto be implemented easily. The comprehensive PC-related interface functions and16 × 8 matrix keyscan functions are ideal for applications such as notebook PCkeyboard control and intelligent battery and power supply control, while thevarious timer functions and their interconnectability (timer connection), plusthe interlinked operation of the I 2C bus interface and datatransfer controller (DTC), in particular, make these devices ideal for use inPC monitors. In addition, the combination of flash and reduced-functionversions is ideal for applications such as system units in which on-chipprogram memory is essential to meet performance requirements, product start-uptimes are short, and program modifications may be necessary after end-productassembly.
- Operating frequency (MHz)/supply voltage (V)
- 20 MHz/5V, 10 MHz/3 V
- Standard instruction can be executed in 1 state.
- 20 MHz/5V, 10 MHz/3 V
- On-chip memory
- H8S/2138 Group
- 128 KB /4 kB(H8S/2138S/38A/38F)
- 64 KB/2 kB(H8S/2137S)
- H8S/2134 Group
- 128 KB/4 KB (H8S/2134S/34A/34F)
- 96 KB/4 kB (H8S/2133S)
- 64 KB /2 KB (H8S/2132/32RF)
- 32 KB /2 KB (H8S/2130)
- H8S/2138 Group
- Enhances the functions of the H8/300 series and supports a subclockoperating mode.
*H8S/2138F is QFP only.PackageCode
- Pin compatible with H8/3337, 3397 Group
Home appliances, digital still cameras, game machines, instruments,office automation equipment, PC peripherals (Input), and power sources forfactory automation equipment
- High-speed H8S/2000 central processing unit with 16-bit architecture
- Upward-compatible with H8/300 and H8/300H CPUs on an object level
- Sixteen 16-bit general registers
- 65 basic instructions
- Address space: 16 Mbyte
- Internal: 43
- External: 9
- Bus controller
- External data bus width: 8 bits
- Peripheral functions
- Data transfer controller (DTC): H8S/2138 Group
- 16-bit free-running timer module (FRT): 1 ch
- 8-bit timer module: 2 ch (TMR0, TMR1)
- Timer connection and 8-bit timer (TMR) module: 2 ch (TMRX, TMRY)
- Timer connection and TMRX provided in H8S/2138 Group
- Watchdog timer module (WDT): 2 ch
- 8-bit PWM timer (PWM): H8S/2138 Group
- 14-bit PWM timer (PWMX)
- Serial communication interface (SCI): 2 ch (SCI0 and SCI1)
- SCI with IrDA: 1 ch (SCI2)
- Host interface (HIF): H8S/2138 Group
- Keyboard controller
- 10-bit A/D converter x 16ch (8 ch + enhancement 8 ch)
- D/A converter
- Clock pulse generator
- I2C bus interface (IIC): 2 ch
- Option in H8S/2138 Group
- General I/O ports
- I/O pins: 58
- Input-only pins: 8
Click the link above to see the list of Non-promotion products.
Non-promotion products are only supported for customers who have already adopted them.
We do not recommended adoption of these products in new designs.