- Development Tools
"R-Car M1A" and "R-Car M1S" are SoCs for midrange systems.These device had high adoption rates in car infotainment systems like dashboard mounted car navigation systems. "R-Car M1 series " are developed for the mid-range systems and supports 1080 HD video and advanced graphics displays while offering low-power consumption.
- Low power consumption while providing high performance multimedia through the integration of dedicated circuits for processing of 1080 HD video and audio
- Dedicated power supply IC for use in a voltage regulator enables low-power consumption and quicker time to market
- Realistic 3D images achieved with the latest 3D Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- ARM Cortex-A9 and Renesas Electronics SH-4A architectures with hardware accelerators enabled by Renesas Electronics' high-quality software/middleware
System Block Diagram
|Item||R-Car M1A, M1S Specifications|
|Product No.||M1A(R8A77781DA01BG), M1S(R8A77780DA01BG)|
|Power-supply voltage||3.3V（IO）, 1.8（DDR2）, 1.5(DDR3), 1.2V（core）|
|CPU cores||ARM®Cortex®-A9 (M1A Only)||SH-4A core|
|NEON™ Media processing engine||1760 DMIPS(Effective)|
|On-chip RAM||-||ILRAM:16 Kbytes|
|Cache memory||Instruction cache: 32 Kbyte |
Operand cache: 32 Kbyte
|Instruction cache: 32 Kbytes|
Operand cache: 32 Kbytes
|External SDRAM |
|External memory bus|
|Main on-chip |
|Low power |
|Package||472-pin BGA (21mm × 21mm)|
|Evaluation board||A user system development reference platform offering the following features is also available, enabling the user to carry out efficient system development.|
(1) Includes car information system oriented peripheral circuits, providing a user system actual device verification environment.
(2) Can be used as a software development tool for application software, etc.
(3) Allows easy addition of custom user functions.
|Middleware||Wide variety of middleware such as H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and WMV(Windows Media Video) for video, MP3, AAC, WMA, and aacPlus,etc for Audio is available to realise total system concept.|
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Cortex, Neon is a trademark of ARM Limited.
PowerVR, SGX is a trademark or a registered trademark of Imagination Technologies Ltd. (UK).
SuperH is a registered trademark or a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation in Japan, the United States, and other countries.
IEBus is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation.
Microsoft and Windows are the registered trademarks or trademarks in the United States and other countries of Microsoft Corporation.
Other product name and service name under release are the trademarks or registered trademarks that all belong to each owner.