- Development Tools
The R-Car H1 is an SoC (system-on-chip) for next-generation high-end car infotainment systems that integrates a quad-core high-performance ARM® Cortex®-A9 processor (1 GHz) supporting versatile operating systems, one Renesas SH-4A high-reliability real-time processing CPU core, a high-performance graphics processor and two image recognition processing IPs, a dedicated audio processing digital signal processor (DSP), and a variety of many other peripheral functions.
- 12 GIPS CPU performance enables simulataneous control of a variety of applications and large-volume data processing via a network
- Dual-core PowerVR SGX enables 40Gflops, 83 M polygons (mega-polygons) per second graphics processing and user-friendly navigation with realistic 3D images
- 1080/60p full HD (high-definition) video payback processing and other multimedia functions
- A top-view (360-degree view) system realized by a single chip, and other built-in dual-core image recognition engines for assisting the driver
- Dedicated power supply IC for use in a voltage regulator enables low-power consumption and quicker time to market
System Block Diagram
|Item||R-Car H1 Specifications|
|Product No.||R-Car H1 (R8A77790)|
|Power supply voltage||3.3 V (IO), 1.5 V (DDR3), 1.2 V (Core), 2.5 V (PCIe, MLB), 1.8 V (SDIF UHS-I)|
|CPU core||ARM®Cortex®-A9 Quad (with NEON™)||SH-4A core|
|1000 MHz||800 MHz|
|10000 DMIPS||1760DMIPS(Effective), 5600MFLOP|
|Cache memory||Instruction cache: 32 Kbytes
Operand cache: 32 Kbytes
L2 cache : 1 MB
|Instruction cache: 32 Kbytes
Operand cache: 32 Kbytes
|Low power mode||DPS/VS (CPU core, PowerVR SGX543MP2, VPU, IMP)
AVS (adaptive voltage scaling) function
DDR-SDRAM power supply backup mode
|Package||832-pin FCBGA (27 × 27 mm)|
|ICE for ARM CPU available from different vendors|
|Evaluation board||A user system development reference platform offering the following features is also available, enabling the users to carry out efficient system development.
(1) Includes car information system-oriented peripheral circuits, providing users with an actual device verification environment.
(2) Can be used as a software development tool for application software, etc.
(3) Allows easy implementation of custom user functions.
|Middleware||Wide variety of middleware such as H.264, MPEG-4 and VC-1 for video is available to realize complete system concept.|
ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited. Cortex, Neon is a trademark of ARM Limited.
PowerVR, SGX is a trademark or a registered trademark of Imagination Technologies Ltd. (UK).
SuperH is a registered trademark or a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation in Japan, the United States, and other countries.
IEBus™ is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation.
Other product name and service name under release are the trademarks or registered trademarks that all belong to each owner.